Safety is #1 when it comes to fireworks. The Snoqualmie Fire and Police departments focus on safety laws to help prevent injuries, house fires, and wildfires, and will be out patrolling for city ordinance violations.
Fireworks Laws in Snoqualmie
- Hours for discharge of legal fireworks: July 4, 9 a.m. to midnight.
- No aerial devices are allowed in Snoqualmie (see list below).
- No fireworks may be possessed or discharged in any public park.
- By state law, fireworks sales are limited to people age 16 and older.
- Ground fireworks
- Hand-held sparkling devices
- Smoke devices
All fireworks retail stands in Snoqualmie sell only fireworks that are legal in Snoqualmie. Some fireworks sold at state-approved stands and tribal reservations are illegal in Snoqualmie city limits, including possession and discharge.
- Aerial devices including bottle rockets and missiles
- Explosive devices
More information is posted on the City of Snoqualmie website. Questions may be directed to Interim Fire Chief Michael Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-888-1551.
Public Fireworks Display at Snoqualmie Community Park
Celebrate Independence Day locally and safely with the fifth annual Red, White & Boom celebration featuring activities and fireworks on July 4 at Snoqualmie Community Park, 35016 SE Ridge Street (please no dogs). The Snoqualmie Valley Hospital will provide onsite COVID-19 vaccines. The event will follow the Healthy Washington: Roadmap to Recovery guidelines, which are moving to a statewide reopening on June 30.
Safety Measures to Avoid Injury and Property Damage
For those choosing to light their own fireworks, please take all measures to keep your family, pets, and home protected:
- Keep a bucket of water and fire extinguisher nearby to put out stray sparks.
- Only adults should light fireworks or handle sparklers.
- Teach children to “stop, drop, and roll” in case their clothes catch on fire.
- Consider pet safety and security.
Please call 911 to request emergency police, fire, or medical assistance, or to report illegal activities.